An Adventure Through America's Southwest

After leaving the software industry and finishing my first Maginei project, it was time for an adventure. Stocked up 25-year-old RV, got my mother-in-law, and headed to Texas, where I was photographing a family wedding. A little nervous as Hurricane Rita was threatening to aim straight for Austin, my destination. Documented the journey and will compile for freelance article. Spent a lot of time looking at light as I drove. Studio lighting class lectures echoing in my head. I read "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee" as we traveled. Excruciating to read, and bizarre to be going through these lands and being what was ultimately part of the destruction of native life in the area.

Bandalier National Monument, Infrared


Brownwood Lake State Park, Texas


Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico


Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico
Copyright 2005 Kimberley Bermender
Maginei

Comments

Popular Posts