The Third Eye

percept: the representation of what is perceived; basic component in the formation of a concept

I saw the old man as he crossed the street. I was getting out of a taxi and I trailed after him, intrigued. He turned around a corner and disappeared. I promptly forgot about him as I wandered off on my photographic journey through Honolulu's historic Chinatown. Later that day I saw him again, his arms full of groceries, and I asked permission to take his picture.
I took the picture, created a print, created a gel transfer of the print onto fabric, forgot about, found it, hung it on my wall, and today, took a picture of the transfer. Sometimes the evolution of an image seems outside my control; then I realize that I was working out a concept in my mind. Is this the precept?

The Third Eye


Copyright 2005 Kimberley Bermender
Maginei

Comments

Popular Posts